- PREP – 15 mins
- COOKING TIME –25 mins
- SERVINGS – Serves 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes or passatta
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 8 bone-in and skinless chicken thighs
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Place the onion, coriander, cumin, turmeric and 100ml of water in a food processor, and blend until a paste is formed.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or shallow casserole dish.
- Add the onion paste, tomatoes, sugar and 1 tsp salt.
- Simmer together for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, chopped chilli and coconut milk.
- Increase the heat to bring to a simmer, then add the chicken thighs.
- Reduce the heat, cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Increase the heat and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander.
Serve with rice.